We swear by Amazon.com, especially because we live in Seattle, Amazon’s home base. If we aren’t buying household items from Costco, you can bet we’re buying it from Amazon. Their service is incredible.
We do pay for Amazon Prime, and while it’s $10.99/month, we found the benefits outweigh the fee.
- 2 day free shipping on all orders. We’ve saved a lot of shipping fees on items we needed ASAP, like wedding gifts.
- 1 day free shipping on qualifying purchases over $35.
- Prime video access (Man in the High Castle!). We are not currently paying for any cable service. We used to pay for Netflix until they increased their price in 2016, and decided Prime video was sufficient. And if your favorite TV series is Game of Thrones? Join HBO Free Trial
- Amazon Registry. We had our wedding registry from Amazon because it was a one-stop shop, and it provided a hassle-free purchase option for our guests. My sister, on the other hand, created a Baby Registry (she’s due in summer!) to buy $10 worth of items from to receive the Baby Registry Welcome Box from Amazon.
- Customer service is top tier. On few occasions we had packages that took longer than promised to deliver, and packages that weren’t factory sealed but not sold as open-box. They were quick to compensate us with refunds for our inconveniences.
- Deals, deals, deals. When we go out shopping nowadays, whether it’s at a grocery store or at a department store, we’ll find the item we want to buy and we’ll search it on Amazon.com. I’d say 70% of the time we end up finding the price on Amazon to be $1-$10 cheaper.
- 5% rebate Amazon Rewards Credit Card with no annual fee for max benefit.
If you sign up for Amazon Prime using our link, or purchase products from Amazon.com using links on our site, we will receive a small commission (at no cost to you) and will be gleefully thankful at your decision to help support this website!